Wednesday, August 31, 2005

ShooStories: Wannabe Scholl

#20 *Fresh!*

The Shoo: Bling on my Buckle
Circa: Aug 2005 (last Sun!)
Where: Novo, Suntec City

The Story: I've always been one to scoff at all these Birkie and Scholl rip-offs. What's with all these shoo stores copying their trademark looks? I would say, "This is about the comfort and make of the shoo, not the fa-shun! Duh!" But I have been made to eat my words when I saw these bling-bling Scholl wannabes at Novo. So preeetteeee! They came in a few colours - baby blue, black and red. And I'm never one to ignore bling, especially when it's on a buckle.

I should pause and now gush about Novo. Never have I walked in and bought 3 pairs of shoos at one go. Maybe two pairs from two different stores, but never have I found so many pairs that I could like and afford to buy at the same time in the same store. It was my mother who had wandered into the store looking for a comfy pair of shoos while she was waiting for me to manage a feminine emergency (is this too much information?). When I got back, I joined her and immediately forgot all about my cramps. The pain now was on deciding which pair to try on first, and then which to buy. Of course it helped that they were clearing their stock and offering 50% discount on a large section.

Back to this shoo...I'm guessing it's not as orthopedically sound as my Scholls, as it doesn't have that little hump in the middle for the arch of the foot, nor does it have the little grooved bits for your toes, but nevertheless, I am still determined to find out if they have the ability to shape my calves with prolonged wear.

Bonus!

Blinging you closer to the buckle

14 comments:

Li-er said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Li-er said...

The sole looks hard. Oh... and it looks like it's going to sound like those clogs when you walk on them. Yes? No?

JellyGirl said...

Li-er: This pair is surprising comfortable, despite the hard look to it. And yes, it does make the 'clok clok' noise, but only when walking downstairs. :)

Ang Ku Kueh said...

I like 'clok clok' noises...makes me feel atas...

Alphabet Moppet said...

That's pretty. I love blings!

shoebug said...

Looking for information on over 900 shoe and bag brands - including Birki and Dr. Scholls? Shoebug.com is your destination. Shoebug - your online source for finding shoes.

blogdollar2 said...

Hi, I like your blog!. I have a blog about used motorcycle camper.
Stop by and check it out sometime at used motorcycle camper

Jack Naka said...

You have a great blog here! I will be sure to book mark you. I have a woman fashion site. It pretty much covers woman fashion related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

freestuff2 said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a plane ticket to jamaica
It deals mostly with plane ticket to jamaica plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen Asparagus this BIG
They grow up to 15in long and 2in wide.
easy asparagus recipe

Quit Smoking said...

Hello fellow fisherman,

Did you know that 16% of the U.S. population goes fishing at least 16 days a year?

Did you also know that over 75% of the nations fishermen do not fish during "prime time"; fish feeding hours?

Those precious few moments before twilight can be absolutely magical. Even up until 11pm at night, the largest predators of any species feed ravenously.

Don't believe me? Check out Daniel Eggertsen's story, and a picture of a couple of his catches here : "Evening Secrets plus more"

I want you to do me a favor and try it out so I can see what you think of it, and if it works for you as well as it did for me.

You will be one of the first to try it out.

Gone Fishin',

Neil

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice blog, I am bit new to this blog stuff but I really like it. I will definately be back. I have a
artist charm gold photography that the horse lovers community just love. I should set a blog up on it that has to do with artist charm gold photography

Flim Flam Man said...

There is something that is missing here. Remember good credit is helpful and bad credit repair mortgage loan fix repair credit FICO bankruptcy foreclosure equity equifax experian TU Transunion dispute That might improve the interest rate and again lower payments are definitely preferred.

Kely said...

Hello I want to congratulate to you. This site is fantastic, looks like entertained and very good to me it elaborated. I invite them to that they explore a little on my site of the Web
Our real estate listing includes great opportunities on Costa Rica Central Valley’s provinces such as San Jose, our Capital, with remarkable cities as Escazu at the west, or Curridabat at the east, experiencing a great development on both commercial and residential properties, making their real estate pricing highly attractive to investors; on other hand, Alajuela city gathers places with a very special warm weather such as Grecia, La Garita and Atenas, or beautiful farms for agricultural, cattle or nature preservation purposes as those located on San Carlos or Sarapiqui. We also offer land properties in Guanacaste, which is the province, along with Puntarenas, with the most beautiful tropical beaches on the Pacific Coast such as Tamarindo, Playa Grande, El Coco, Playa Hermosa, Nosara, Samara, Herradura, Jaco, Manuel Antonio, Dominical and Golfito, where the real estate business occupies the first place as the local economic activity.
Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica
Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.costa-ricarealestate.com/