Friday, August 19, 2005

Man does not live on bread alone (part deux)

Although the sunset cruise I had gone on earlier included a little buffet spread, I decided to dine a little more upmarket. I decided to try David Paul's Lahaina Grill, a chi-chi little bistro restaurant just downstairs from my hotel. The website said it had won numerous awards and was considered one of Maui's best restaurants:


For my mains, I had a grilled salmon resting on a bed of asparagus and other veggies, with vanilla rice on the side.


And of course I couldn't resist the shitake mushrooms as a side dish, especially when sauteed in butter!


As a grand finale, I tried the chocolate mousse cake, with the delectable name of "The Road to Lahaina". It came with a base of macadamia nuts, in true Hawaiian style.

3 comments:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

so how? what's the verdict? u liked it?

littlecartnoodles said...

Looked like a great meal.

Salmon/Cod are the only fish that I order at western restaurants as I find that other fish dishes are usually too bland for my tastes.

JellyGirl said...

胡 剑 秋 & AKK: Hello! Yes it was quite tasty, although I have to admit, for the price I paid, I could get better food back in S'pore.

LCN: Me too, I generally prefer to order meat when I eat out. Real meat like steak. *flexes muscles*