Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Honolulu

Part I of a series of photo stories on Hawaii


Waikiki beach in front of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. That's Diamond Head in the background in the picture on the right.

I didn't have as much time as I would have liked on the beach, as most of the time, I was indoors working. The only free time I had was the day I arrived, a half day during the day after, and the early evenings from 5pm onwards. So in total I only managed to get two beach visits in. Not much for a week in Hawaii, but I took what I could get.

Anyway, Waikiki beach is a very, very long stretch of not-so-white sand and a very gentle surf. The water there is warm and the currents are great for bobbing in the ocean and feeling the sun on your shoulders. No bodysurfing though. I saw some surfers go in and swim to the outer reaches to try and catch some waves. I considered taking some surfing lessons, but I figured I preferred to stay on the sand, and go for the occasional dip. I liked going to the beach there becuase I didn't have to feel too conscious about having my gut stick out, as everyone there seemed so comfortable in their skin and just let it all hang out. Why can't it be more like this in Singapore?

2 comments:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

becos all the anorexics spoil market....

JellyGirl said...

You said it, sista!