Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Naughty girl

I just had a two hour lunch with my dad. He's in town for a day but I can't meet him for dinner as I have to be in church tonight. We went to Original Sin at Holland Village, and I got to see what kind of people go for lunch on a weekday afternoon. Every single table was filled with expat tai-tais dressed in designer outfits and glittering jewellery and important business-looking people in important-looking work wear. We shared a Principessa salad and for mains, I had a very beany tasting moussaka, while my dad had some kind of ragout, far tastier than mine. For dessert, we moseyed down to the Da Paolo Gastronomia and bought a jivara chocolate mousse and pistachio nut bread and a marble cake. Quite the change from canteen food.

And quite by coincidence, my boss is on leave today. I swear I didn't know about it until this morning. Hurhurhur. Now need to hunt around for a fork to eat my cake.

No comments: