Friday, January 28, 2005

Temporary tai-tai

I need to clear 3.5 days of leave before next Fri so I took this morning and next Mon-Wed off. I need to figure out things to fill up my days with, so I think now is the best time to practise my dream of becoming a tai-tai.

This morning, I went roller-blading at East Coast Park, sharing the walkway with oldies doing their morning tai-chi and expat housewives exercising with their kids in prams. After that, I had a kaya toast and soft-boiled egg breakfast at my favourite kopi-tiam along East Coast Rd. I came into work around lunchtime and will be leaving again at 3.30pm for a la-di-dah tea at the Bar & Billiard Room at the Raffles Hotel. The reason for this decadence? Late last year, I did some web and ad work for another research centre at the business school, and since they can't pay me extra moolah, the tea is a thank you for all the 'fabulous' work I've done.

So, these are my plans (for now) for Mon-Wed:

  • Get a facial
  • Buy proper running shoes from Queensway Shopping Centre (my old Nikes dieded on me, and so far I've been running around in my Gola sneakers. Those Golas are for fa-shun, not real sport)
  • Visit the dentist
  • Visit the Orchard library and discover if I can borrow manga
  • Catching up on movie-viewing: Finding Neverland, Alfie, A Very Long Engagement, The Aviator, Hotel Rwanda, Bad Education etc. So many!
  • Indulge even more movie viewing by renting dvds from Video Ezy
  • See if I can make better nutella cupcakes than Marmalade Pantry
  • Attempt to resist the Haagen-Dazs buffet

So, if anyone wants to meet up for lunch in town (this is so exciting! I can have lunch outside uni!! Think of the possibilities!), I'm freeeeeeee. I so could get used to this life.

6 comments:

Cowboy Caleb said...

are you trying to make me die from jelousy?

Cupcake Queen said...

Ooh, I could do with a tai-tai wannabe partner here in KL.

Zen|th said...

Hmm.. Seems like being a tai-tai is every woman's dream. Haha.

None said...

u tortured ur Golas!

JellyGirl said...

Cowboy: Teehee.

Cupcake: Perhaps we should have tea one day and discuss more tai-tai possibilities!

Zen: I dunno about other girls, but it is my not-so-secret ambition! :P

Ah 9: Yes sob, but is ok, they seem to have survived. They now look more rugged.

JellyGirl said...

Cowboy: Teehee.

Cupcake: Perhaps we should have tea one day and discuss more tai-tai possibilities!

Zen: I dunno about other girls, but it is my not-so-secret ambition! :P

Ah 9: Yes sob, but is ok, they seem to have survived. They now look more rugged.