Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The ball's in my court...I think

The second round went well, I was interviewed by the other Assoc Director and at the end of it, I was pretty much offered a position with the agency. There is a caveat to it though. Seeing as I don't have industry experience, the AD wanted me to join in a position lower. This way, I could see how everything works, and really learn the ropes. If I learn quick and all goes well, she promised to promote me in 3 months and give a pay increment of about $300. This of course means I'd be taking a pay cut. The only question is, how large is the pay cut going to be? I don't mind taking something lower than what I'm being paid now, after all I would be learning something completely new, but if I were to have to take 20% cut...I dunno. Is this experience really worth the cut?

I asked for a figure but she was unable to get me one, saying she'd discuss it with the other AD and they'd get back to me soon. Meanwhile, I have to mull over a figure I'm comfortable with, and consider how much I really want this job.

P.S. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I felt very bolstered by all your support!

2 comments:

Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Yay!!!

If you do decide to go for it and accept the pay cut, make sure you get the AD to put her promise down in writing!

Unknown said...

Congrats!