This morning, I went roller-blading at East Coast Park, sharing the walkway with oldies doing their morning tai-chi and expat housewives exercising with their kids in prams. After that, I had a kaya toast and soft-boiled egg breakfast at my favourite kopi-tiam along East Coast Rd. I came into work around lunchtime and will be leaving again at 3.30pm for a la-di-dah tea at the Bar & Billiard Room at the Raffles Hotel. The reason for this decadence? Late last year, I did some web and ad work for another research centre at the business school, and since they can't pay me extra moolah, the tea is a thank you for all the 'fabulous' work I've done.
So, these are my plans (for now) for Mon-Wed:
- Get a facial
- Buy proper running shoes from Queensway Shopping Centre (my old Nikes dieded on me, and so far I've been running around in my Gola sneakers. Those Golas are for fa-shun, not real sport)
- Visit the dentist
- Visit the Orchard library and discover if I can borrow manga
- Catching up on movie-viewing: Finding Neverland, Alfie, A Very Long Engagement, The Aviator, Hotel Rwanda, Bad Education etc. So many!
- Indulge even more movie viewing by renting dvds from Video Ezy
- See if I can make better nutella cupcakes than Marmalade Pantry
- Attempt to resist the Haagen-Dazs buffet
So, if anyone wants to meet up for lunch in town (this is so exciting! I can have lunch outside uni!! Think of the possibilities!), I'm freeeeeeee. I so could get used to this life.