Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Two steps forward, one step back

The weekend started out really well - tennis in the early morning, Appleseed at 11am, followed by lunch. Then I dragged my friends to go test drive cars with me. We ventured all the way to Teban Crescent to gawk and drool at the Alfa Romeos. The Alfa 147 is indeed a very shexy car, pity it only comes in manual. But since we had gone all the way there, might as well test drive, y'know. I have to say it handles really well and is quite smooth (despite my stalling the car 3 times hurhur). Then the sales guy insisted that I test-drive the 2 lit version and because it was one of those tooly semi-automatic cars, he had to get in and show me how it was done. In order to demonstrate the power and tight handling of the car, he accelerated really hard, braked suddenly and also did a crazy U-turn spin which sent my head spinning. Again.

Yes, that's right. That crazy ride brought back the unsteadiness which I thought had pretty much gone. By 5pm, I was feeling pretty rotten, and for the rest of the night, was laid up in bed trying to recover. Felt slightly better on Sunday but still getting the weird doozy sensation that the world was slowly revolving. At least there wasn't any pain. So now I feel like when I first recovered 2 weeks ago. Poo. It's a long road to recovery, 'tis.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

*gasp* what kinda cars are u thinking of getting man? I also want!

and you mean the saleman did I donut in the car? http://www.modernracer.com/tips/rwddoughnuts.html

None said...

the new Golf Gti looks good...check it out...especially the red one. :)

JellyGirl said...

Woof!: Well, I was originally toying with getting the Mini Cooper, but then it's only 2-door and it wouldn't do for my family. Then I saw the Alfa and was taken in by its fierce look. But looks like I will have to 'settle' for the Mazda 3.

Ah 9: Golf eh? Must go look. Google time! *wriggles fingers*

JellyGirl said...

Oops...almost forgot.

Woof!: Nah it wasn't a doh-nut. The road sorta U-turns back into itself, and he took the curve really quickly. My friend said is to impress the ger with his skillz. hahaha.

Unknown said...

I like the inside of the Mazda 3.. but no power..

Unknown said...

Was the salesperson demonstrating the handling of the vehicle or trying to demonstrate his advanced driving skills?

The new swift looks ok but not sure about its handling and power. The Latio Hatch has spacious cabin.

Unknown said...

Was the salesperson demonstrating the handling of the vehicle or trying to demonstrate his advanced driving skills?

The new swift looks ok but not sure about its handling and power. The Latio Hatch has spacious cabin.

Unknown said...

LL: We got our Latio a few weeks ago.. it's spacious alright, but no wow factor

I'm told the new swift is really zippy.. but can't say I like it's looks..

JellyGirl said...

LL & Woof: Trying to demonstrate both, I think. Yah I'm not crazy about how the Swift looks.