Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Christmas shopping

I was in a really good mood on Sunday and I don't know why. I was venturing out with two friends to get shopping done, and normally I would baulk at squeezing with everyone else doing their shopping, but no, this day I was in fine form, singing Christmas songs all morning ("ooooh the weather outside is frightful...") as I got ready.

Surprisingly, town wasn't as crowded as I expected, especially since on Sat, there was a jam along Stevens Road before noon. We had arranged to meet at 1pm for a quick lunch at Cream before hitting the shops, and then going for a 4.30pm showing of Ocean's Twelve.

At the end of the two hour power shopping trip, which we carefully strategised (you must have a plan for this, we decided to cover our shops in a square - Scotts, Wisma and ending up at Wheelock Place), I finished up with:

- 4 CDs*, for myself
- a Kiehl's voucher, for my mother
- a pair of earrings, for my sister
- nothing (rats!), for my father
- a plan to buy Borders vouchers for everyone at the office (quick and easy haha)

* That CD Shop is a bad, bad place. I blame L&B for my folly because they were late, so I had to go in there to browse while I waited for them. I left that place with: Buena Vista Social Club, Chanchullo, Latenight Betty (I love the band name - Pepe & the Bottle Blondes) and a recording of the Butterfly Lovers Violin Concerto & Yellow River Piano Concerto.

I have also developed a huge lust for a sparkly skirt from Charlie and either a U2 iPod or iPhoto. Oh no!

2 comments:

Cowboy Caleb said...

i'm going later.. ohh the horror of last min shopping

JellyGirl said...

Yes, every year I tell myself I will start Christmas shopping early so I avoid the crowd, but every year is the same thing. I'm such a last minute person.