Monday, July 26, 2010

In which I entered a Masterchef-style food competition


An award-winning main dish...ok maybe not

Generally speaking, my Sundays are sacred. They’re the days for me to relax, mooch at home and do absolutely nothing. It would take something pretty special to drag me and keep me out for an entire day. Something special like NomNomNom.

I’d never heard of it until a friend's friend tweeted me a few weeks ago to let me know about the Masterchef-style competition for bloggers. 2.5 hours to make a 3-course meal for 4 with a budget of £40. Oh, and you have to use seasonal produce and one course can’t be cooked or baked. And did they mention there are judges – proper foodies who actually knew what they were talking about? If I’d stopped to think about it, that would have scared me off. But in a moment of weakness, I agreed to join.

The competition was lots of fun, and I got to eat some really tasty food and carry home two really nice goodie bags stuffed with pressies. The icing on the cake was having our team getting a special shout-out for coming in third.

I've done a longer post about the experience on the main site, so if you want to see lots more pics and also get the recipes, hop over to the NomNomNom site. Also, if you could vote for us to win the Viewers' Choice award, that would be really nice too. :) Thank you!

No comments: