Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A holiday in London

I took this Mon to Wed off just because I felt like a bit of a break. The original plan was to go somewhere beachy like Portugal, but seeing as I had a spent a lot of money on lunch at Fat Duck and am already going to Paris next month, I decided to stay in London. After all, how often does one take a holiday at home?

I had all these grand plans to do lots of things, especially doing more touristy things, like visit the Victor & Rolf dollhouse exhibition or see the Skin+Bones exhibition, but I never got round to them. Instead, I:
  • Got a much needed haircut by a cute Japanese hairdresser at B:Zar (he made me feel so shy and giggly)
  • Had a very long and indulgent facial
  • Went to the gym twice (lots of mums and old ladies during the daytime!)
  • Walked around Old Bond Street and admired the beautiful clothes in Prada, Louis Vuitton, YSL and Gucci
  • Got a mini-tour of London in a cab as we rode from Chinatown to Sloane Square...awful traffic!
  • Had a great night out at a jazz club called 606. A jazz violinist played the night we were there, and he was fantastic
  • Stayed home riveted by the Ivanovich vs Dechy match
I'm so not ready to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments: