Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Flowers in our garden


It's been getting warmer in London, and without even really realising it, I've been wearing less and less layers over the last few weeks.

What this also means is that the flowers in our garden have bloomed. I stepped out into our backyard one day and was greeted to a profusion of all these beautiful flowers and felt I really should take pictures of them before it's too late.

This is just one of the many reasons why I'm so glad I moved here.



Roses


Peony



I think these are pansies


Busy buzzy bee in our bottlebrush tree

By the way, I claim absolutely no credit in the cultivation of these flowers. We have a gardener who comes in and makes everything look pretty. I just step outside and admire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh much prettiness and envy! I don't have a garden, but do live above a florist, and recently I've been coming home to 4 huge urns of lavender. Nice!

Kierra said...

gosh... love it!

JellyGirl said...

Cour marly: Your place must be smelling very nice now, I love the smell of fresh lavender!

Kierra: You definitely don't get these kind of English gardens back in S'pore!