Monday, July 30, 2007

Your own homepage on Google!


This may not be news to you, but I've just been introduced to iGoogle. It's a page which you can customise by adding whatever content you like, like news, games. It's a great way to put online apps you use regularly onto 1 page. For myself, I've got newsfeeds from Channel News Asia and BBC, a world clock meeting organiser, currency converter, babelfish translator, my delicious list, gmail, and a fun widget that calculates the number of calories I consume a day. And just for kicks, I've put daily puppy onto my page too, just cos I love doggies.

Updated (31/7): What I also love about this are the themes you can pick to decorate the top of your page. The one I'm using now is called "Tea House"and at various times in the day, you can see that the cute little fox is doing different things. In the late afternoon, he's feeding the ducks and at night, he goes to bed. If you keep watching him, you'll also find him picking fruit off trees, having breakfast and going for a little boat-ride in his mini-lake. Kawaii!





The images change every 2 hours, but if you're lazy and just want to see the little fox's entire day of events at one go, visit here.

4 comments:

Mam'zelle Lulu said...

The same concept as netvibes (netvibes.com). Very useful ! I don't know how I did before...

JellyGirl said...

Mme Lulu: Thanks for the link to netvibes! I had a look around and you're right, it's really similar to iGoogle! Very cool!

Unknown said...

how come yours nicer than mine one?

JellyGirl said...

Woof!: hee, I dunno. Mebbe it's cos of the theme I picked?