Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ah Pa-ree: Where to stay


Rue Saint-Anne, where the Hotel Baudelaire-Opera, right in Paris' little Japantown, is located.

My colleagues in the French office recommended this little family-run hotel, mostly because it's walking distance to the office and it quite reasonable (I paid about 110 euro for the double room, breakfast included). Overall, I'd say it wasn't too bad.



It's a little small, but I was perfectly comfortable.


What I liked: convenience to the office, the area it's in (lots of yummy ramen and udon places to try!), the squeaky clean bathroom, the little balcony, the croissants served at breakfast, the lovely detergent used to clean the towels, the cute guy with the English accent at the reception desk. What wasn't so hot: the bed (sunken in the middle, so I had to sleep at the corner), the attitude given by some of the reception staff, and the fact that despite being told there was Internet access, there weren't enough cables to go around for everyone.

But, given a choice between this hotel and the other one I stayed at for the second week (it was cheaper, at only 80 euro for a single bedroom), I'd go back to the Baudelaire. However, the next time I go to Paris, I think I'll try booking a hotel through this website. A lovely English couple I sat next to at dinner on my last night in Paris highly recommended the Tryp hotels and said if you were lucky, you could a room for 40 euro a night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW-you have some gorgeous photos. Do you mind sharing your camera info? I'm going to Paris in October - and your photos have made me even more excited!
Merci,
Mary

JellyGirl said...

Hi madaboutparis, thanks for visiting and glad you liked my photos! :) I used a Sony Cybershot DSC-P10, quite an old model from about 4 years ago. Are you looking to get a new camera?