Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Monique Lhuillier


My new goddess of bridal fa-shun - Monique Lhuillier

No, no I'm nowhere near getting married, just that I've always loved looking at bridal gowns. Maybe because of all those princess fantasies I used to have, playing Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Cinderella in my nightgowns when I was 6. But with the number of friends who have been getting hitched in the last few years, I've been paying even more attention to bewdiful gowns. When I was in my teens, I made the grandiose declaration that when I got married, the gown would of course be Vera Wang. Of course now I realise not only is Vera Wang hideously expensive, she's kinda...mainstream now.

Enter Monique Lhuillier with her old-school glamour, exquisite lace and ribbons gowns. I particularly like the one on the right, only I'd like it longer, maybe 3/4 length a la Molly Ringwald. Of course it would be helpful if I looked like that too.

7 comments:

FF said...

I love looking at bridal gowns too. I actually prefer the one on the left - chic and classy

JellyGirl said...

Yes, sometimes I vacillate between classic or something different. I still dunno yet. Lucky I not getting married anytime soon! :P

Unknown said...

Lhuillier (must be designer - name macam unpronounceable!) also desugned Britney's wedding + after-party dresses!

JellyGirl said...

Indeedy doo I forgot that little nugget of information - Britney's wedding mini-dress designer! Somehow, the dress looks so much clarrssier on the model than on Brit.

None said...

the one on the left looks good.

Belle said...

i love those gowns too. i think the on e on the right is absolutely preetttyyy!

lucky i'm not getting married anytime soon. i think marriage is one big headache.

Zen|th said...

Yeah. I think everyone likes the gown on the left. It's nice. :)