Thursday, December 02, 2010

Early birthday dinner at Sushi of Shiori


I might not have mentioned this before, but Sushi of Shiori is my favourite sushi restaurant in London. If I could afford it, I'd be eating there omakase every week, but as it is, I've had to settle for monthly visits. I never get tired of the beautifully crafted and delicious food there. And it helps that the owners are so incredibly friendly and charming. My friend brought me there last night as an early birthday present. What a treat!


Starting off with abalone with aubergine


Tuna tataki, followed by seabass soup, which I didn't get a picture of


The sashimi plate never fails to delight me with its prettiness


Nigiri


Hitomi said this was a new dish. A neatly wrapped parcel to reveal...


Steamed sushi rice with tamago, unagi and bits of chopped mushroom. Very satisfying for this snowy weather.


Wagyu nigiri - one piece per person


Off the omakase menu, but we decided to have some uni because it's back in season


Finishing off with homemade chestnut ice-cream and ginger tea

Oishi!

No comments: