Monday, October 22, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Most of my close friends know about this already, but there was a reason why I was in London a couple of months ago. At that time, I didn’t really want to tell too many people, especially those at the office, as I hadn’t quite made up my mind yet. But now that the official announcement has been made, I can now say that I’ve been offered a position with the UK office, and will be moving to London next Jan. I thought long and hard about this – whether I was ready to make a big move to live overseas and truly become independent. Timing-wise, it couldn’t have been more perfect. I’m single, no children, no commitments to tie me down in S’pore, and I’m pretty much at the right age where one gets the hankering to make a big change in life. As they say, the window of opportunity gets smaller each year.

Funnily enough, I’ve always had a strange affinity to London. Maybe it’s too much reading of Enid Blyton and Famous Five books from childhood, but a holiday visit with my family when I was 13 sealed the deal. Despite the cold and gloom, there was such a charm to the city that really attracted me, and from that time onwards, I always felt it would be great to live and work in London someday.

It never occurred to me that it would come true someday, and best of all, to have it happen without me actively pursuing it. I really am so blessed. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and good luck with the move!

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Congratulations, what a great opportunity for adventure!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Congratulations!!! THat is terribly exciting and London is truly the loveliest city in the world. I'm looking forward to your posts on the food and fashion and all those delightful things. Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

yes and amen!

JellyGirl said...

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes! I'm indeed very excited about this!

Cour marly: Hope you're enjoying living abroad too! I found your flickr pictures, and they look beautiful!

Maiden: It's definitely going to be a big adventure, and I'm really looking forward to travelling Europe when I move!

Ash: You're too sweet. :) I'll definitely my posting all about my experience of living in London!

Mylene: :) Let's go eat ramen again!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You can finally buy all those clothes you like without having to worry about the hot weather!

Anonymous said...

BTW, would you know similar stores as Inhabit and Blackjack in HK that sell jeans?