Monday, November 27, 2006

The soundtrack to your life

While reading Robot Johnny, I came across another iPod shuffle meme. I really can’t resist music memes, especially one that can construct a soundtrack to your life. So here’s how you play:

1. Open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod).
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing.
5. New question– press the next button.
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool.

Opening Credits
Time After Time, Cyndi Lauper

Waking Up
I Have Nothing, Whitney Houston

First Day at School
Too Funky, George Michael
So not true, I was a real nerd in school.

Falling in Love
Latin Simone, Gorillaz (featuring Ibrahim Ferrer)

Breaking Up
The Heart of Worship, Sonicflood
Errrr….okaaaaay.

Prom
The Vibes Ain’t Nothin’ But The Vibes, Barry Adamson

Life’s Okay
I Want to be Buried In Your Backyard, Nightmare of You
Shouldn’t this be in Funeral Song or Death Scene? And I don’t want to be buried in anyone’s backyard, thank you very much.

Mental Breakdown
6th Avenue Heartache, The Wallflowers

Driving
Holiness, Sonicflood
I am anything but holy when I drive.

Flashback
Breathe, Sixpence None The Richer

Getting Back Together
If I Ain’t Got You, Alicia Keys

Wedding
Tenderly, Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Hey, this song actually fits!

Birth of a Child
You’re in Love, Wilson Philips

Final Battle
Symphony No. 5, Op. 107 (Andante), Mendelssohn

Death Scene
Last Dance, Donna Summer
I have to admit, this is quite apt.

Funeral Song
Ironic, Alanis Morissette
Oh no, do I strike lottery the day I die??

End Credits
Dances of the Swans, Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake
I am a swanee swan swan!

With 1,075 songs in my iPod, I find it interesting that I can still get 2 songs from the same album in this mix. Looks the shuffle function needs to be more shuffley.

Go play it if you want and see what you come up with.

2 comments:

Ang Ku Kueh said...

no ipods.....*sobz*

JellyGirl said...

hee...doesn't have to be an iPod, just a normal mp3 player also can. :)