Today was my first day at the new company. For the first time, I felt extremely Working Girl as I took the train into the CBD and walked to the new office, passing by other corporate-looking types in their pants and shirts and office suits. The good thing about my new company is that the dress code is still smart casual, and I can get away with wearing jeans to work. But maybe not in the first week of work. Gots to keep up a professional image for a while, 'yo.
Anyhoo, the first day went by pretty well. Highlights of the day were:
- Tinkering around with my new laptop
- Locking myself out of the system, and having to call Europe to reset the passwords (I stupidly forgot to write down the new password after setting it)
- Attending my first ever team meeting, where the finance guy showed what looked like a chart of gibberish numbers to me
- Having a nice lunch at a little cafe
- Discovering the office pantry stocked booze in its fridge