Monday, August 23, 2004

New York, New York

I'm back from my holiday and am still brimming full with memories of my faaabulous time there. But I'm such a lazy arse I really can't be bothered to put it all down in words. I'll think I'll let it float around in my brain for a bit more, pull out all the good bits and admire them somemore, and then maybe I'll write about it at another time...

Well ok, maybe I can write a little now.

New York is stunning, and glitzy and pretty much everything I imagined it to be. I had to keep reminding myself that I was IN NEW YORK, even while walking in Times Square. The lights! The action! What do I look at? And oooh, isn't that Sephora? We walked pretty much everywhere, and where we couldn't walk, we subwayed it. One of my proudest moments was when I took the subway ALL BY MYSELF to Broadway and didn't get lost at all. I'll be New Yorker yet, haw haw. The week was a whirlwind of shopping, walking, eating, doing the gawky touristy things, more shopping and not much sleeping. And also lots of catching up with my friend, who's now studying in Columbia.

One thing I'm slightly sore about is that I didn't get to try the Soup Nazi soup. Apparently he's closed in summer. Probably enjoying the massive profits he makes from the other times of the year. Looks like I'll have to make another trip to NY, but this time in winter.

Now I can be one of those smug people who, after reading or watching TV shows/movies set in New York, and when street names are mentioned, or places are mentioned, I can say very knowingly to no one in particular, "I've been there! I know where that is!" Rawk.

2 comments:

Little Miss Drinkalot said...

ENVY!!!!!

The one and only time I went to New York was oh, 6 years ago. Summer of 1998.

One day. I will go back.

JellyGirl said...

Hee yes, I say that too, and I've only just gotten back. I lurve NY so much I almost bought one of those cheesy 'I heart NY' T-shirts'. Almost.